21.1.19

Are parents nowadays keen to choose non-formal education for their children?

None of my business as I don't have kids, but quite interesting topic to think of.



Image result for think emoji png


Well, last Wednesday I suppose (hibernation made me losing track and time), I went out with Nik Aimi to grab lunch at one of the most phenomenal shopping mall in Shah Alam; Plaza Masalam. Why did I say so?  Basically, during early 00's I could still recall every weekends, there'll be celebrities and singers (mostly) performed there. Tell you what, Ning Baizura is undoubtedly a HUGE gem to our country. 

Then, when I was withdrawing some cash, I spotted Nik was surrounded by beautiful kids. I joined the group. Turned out, the kids were selling some cards. They were terrific. First thing that caught my attention was, they didn't use any sad stories to sell. Often I find people be telling me their family members have any types of cancer, or they are from any madrasah (no hard feelings) (im just listing)

They're siblings of 4 and call themselves as Wira Usaha. At first we were entertained by Aisyah and Dhija. Then, when people passing by, Dhija, the littlest one approached the strangers without any sign of awkwardness. I was so amazed of how confident Dhija was. During her age, my teachers from school contacted my parents to check if I can speak or not.

I asked Aisyah where they're schooling because mashaAllah they spoke fluently. You know, initially, I was planning in my head to send Adawiyah to whichever school they're in. Hahahah lol kakak kakak kannn

Then Aisyah said that they're homeschooling. First impression? Ain't lie, "Ooh rich kids" 

Then Aisyah said that they were selling cards to build up public speaking skills. I asked if she wanted to be public speaker or perhaps debater, then she said "Aisyah nak kalahkan Syed Saddiq" hahah. I love ambitious kids. 

After saying goodbye and all, Nik showed me their Instagram. Their parents might not send them to public school, but I sensed that their parents' approach was different. There was a video them reciting and memorizing few verses from al-Quran, vids them attending auditions and other stuffs.

While growing up, there were only 3 types of pupils;
  • Public school-er = majority
  • Private school-er = depends on where you're from. In some places, it's considered normal. In some places, it's not.
  • Home school-er = honestly I only bumped into 1 friend who went through it. 
I was in majority group, some of friends went into private schools and as I mentioned only 1 friend of my went through it. Oh, and a kid in Malay drama on TV3 last 2 months i guess. Lol

Tbh it reminds me of some contestants I watched on K-Pop Star Hunt. Some of the contestants even quit on school just to build up career in singing field. Some of contestants said that they wanted to focus on music, nothing else. The judges were supportive, yet still fatherly type. I think it depended on the level of talents from contestants. If their talents were rather on rookie level, the judges would advice them not to quit on school. 

Ok now im rambling about Kpop Star Hunt ahaha sorry guys, it's such a good show and it is also my talent to hop from a story to a different story without finishing the first story

I was googling about homeschool in Malaysia. Then I found an article saying that most of parents who send their kids homeschool have higher IQ, hence, explains why homeschooler are smarter than public and private students. It's mostly genetic. 

Well, future kids, I, for sure would not sign you up for homeschool because Im pretty sure I will spend fortune on facilities, books, gadgets and etc that'd make you guys also smart academically and generally in life.

*****

As the world is evolving, people are more courageous to experiment different paths in life.

Hence, 10 years from now, would homeschooling be mediocre in Malaysia? 

Now that I always hear peers talking about university/college phase is unimportant, (except for professional courses of course. You wouldnt wanna go to dentist knowing s/he didnt attend dentistry school aite).

 I think it's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment