25.5.18

Dear, Ayah.

Hello Assalammualaikum.


Hey how yall doing. It’s the 8th Ramadan I believe. Going good?
So i just wanna share that it’s my first day working at this kedai songkok.
It’s a very relaxing job btw.
So, back to the story.
After dealing with some customers, and susun some of the songkok, i sat on a chair.
Then came this one old man and said “Assalammualaikum”
 And smiled to me widely that his wrinkles were showing.
So i jawab la salam sambil senyum juga.
I had an instinct that he was not going to buy any of the songkok.
I thought he was approaching me bcs he wanted to know what’s the direction to surau
But nope. My instinct was wrong.
He actually approached me because he wanted to some donation for his son.
He grabbed something from his pocket
It was his son’s offer letter to further study in Master
Science in Business Management (BM750)
Then I chatted few mins with him
You know, a light conversation. Like where's he staying and all.
He told me his son didn’t get scholarship because he got second class degree.
Then i handed him only few money, as I dont always carry money in my purse.
Plus it’s my first day.
Idk maybe because the fact that I’m a student too made me feel sorry for giving him only few.
I said sorry and congratulated him and his son.

.


.




.


Few seconds after he left, I felt very deeply truly sad
Idk. Maybe because I'm not that closed anymore with my dad
I mean, we used to be best-friends.
We would lepak at mamak. Eat nasi kandar.
Watch football matches together while eating Maggi Kari

I always see dads as a figure who are cold and frightening
And how dads are failures when it comes in expressing their feelings
Let alone their punchlines (yknow, dad jokes)
Not sacrificing enough as mothers would
I came to my senses
Maybe what I witnessed today is beyond of my point of view in life
Maybe dads do have feelings (well durr, idk i always thought guys are senseless & emotionless)
Maybe they cried at nights wishing we would give them a call
Maybe they expected some surprises even though they always tell us not to do so
Maybe they sacrifice as much as our moms do



Maybe it’s us


No comments:

Post a Comment